Photo by Melodie Jeng
Meet Madelyn Somers, the Creative Director at Francine Dressler. What and who is Francine Dressler? Madelyn’s mother’s maiden name who is also an incredible artist. The brand is made up of her fantastically cheeky art from the ’70s in Los Angeles that’s been silkscreened on t-shirts and tanks. In a nut shell, we’re obsessed with Maddy and we love how she styled our booties.
1. Flats or heels? Heels. I’m always partial to the extra lift.
2. Plaid or leopard? Plaid, hands down.
3. How do you plan your daily looks? Well, since moving to NY I dress mostly in white, black, grey. It’s usually a variation of the same thing — a pair of trousers or skinny jeans, a t-shirt, oversized sweater, and a blazer with a heeled boot. I’d say my look is tomboy-chic.
Look. At. Those. Socks. Photo by Melodie Jeng
4. What’s on your fashion radar for fall and winter? Winter whites, a leather jacket, Alexander Wang x H&M, and all the brands merging art+fashion.
5. A piece from your closet that you’ll never part with? I have this beige patchwork/plaid long blazer that walks a fine line between ugly and amazing. I bought it at the Salvation Army for 7 bucks in Santa Cruz, California. I’ve had it for forever and it’s falling apart, but I love it so much.
6. Five celebrities/icons you’d invite to your dinner party? Hmm…It would be a pretty eccentric dinner party: Michael Jackson, Andy Warhol, Wes Anderson, Patti Smith and Francine Dressler (ha!)
Francine Dressler in LA in the ’70s